Monday, April 14, 2003

In regards to your article, I must say well done my brother. Truly this is a good article, worthy of praise and respect. I have always enjoyed reading you works, even when it pierced my heart and I had hardened my heart to sin. Indeed you are a brother who seeks after God’s own heart. But enough flattery aside, I write to you so that I may also impart some input into your article. This has been difficult for me because the adversary has prevented me from corresponding to you. On three separate attempts, I have tried to send you my thoughts on what you have written, only to have my computer crash on all three accounts. Never have I seen something like this unless it truly is Satan trying to prevent me from having correspondence from you for some strange and odd reason. Only the God in heaven knows why.

Moving on to your article about standing out, I must say kudos to you. I am inclined to agree with you on the bumper stickers, Christian t-shirts, and accessories. No longer is it to spread the gospel of Christ Jesus, whom we server, but it is to say, “I’m a better Christian than you.” You will get no argument out of me for I wholeheartedly agree.

However, I do have a minor disagreement when you speak of those who use “Jehovah” or “Yahweh” when they speak of God. I don’t think most people do this to stand out. Rather I think they do this as a sign of respect to the Living God. In this day and age, we have seen many perversions that have come about in the name of the “Christian church.” These so called “Christians” are calling on other gods and goddesses, seeking out mediums, and performing various abominations contrary to God’s law. If you can call true Christianity by any means, I believe most of these people are searching to purify their worship and belief in God. These people are placing a distinction between the Living God and the generic term of god in the English language, which at best is only an abstract concept. Since the God we serve is more than an abstract concept, a little more respect is necessary. Perhaps taking God’s name in the original Hebrew is a step in the right direction.

The KJV is another issue that seems to raise decisiveness. For the past seven years, I have used an NIV and feel that there are too many omissions from it that my only option is to refer back to the earlier source. Mind you the English language is constantly evolving and the words in the KJV are antiquated for the most part, but there is something to be said for a part of our Christian heritage. Normally, I would have been for new translations of the bible into modern English, but it seems scholars are purposely omitting or changing parts they deem not fit to be a part of the new translation. For this reason, I feel urged and compelled to go back to and earlier version. I feel the KJV has a level of purity without corruption you cannot find in other versions.

Easter is fast approaching, and I feel your next article will deal with this topic. Leading again to the topic of seeking out the pure things and not the corruption of things carnal, I leave you this: Easter falls on the same day of a pagan festival to honor their god or goddess (I forget which) Ishtar. This was originally a fertility festival. Even the eggs has a pagan influence for the festival they serve. The fertility festival for Ishtar may have long ago disappear but the pagan influences remain. Perhaps this is why so many people seek out distinction, not for reasons of vanity but for reasons of purity, to keep the things of God holy and sacred.

I’ve only had the privilege to be a disciple of Christ Jesus, whom I serve, for only seven years now, and in that time He has shown me some truly wonderful things. There are things that have happened in my life I will never truly understand nor comprehend. My only conclusion is they have come by the grace of God. It is my prayer and hope that even though my flesh is weak and I have sinned greatly against the Lord, that in my repentance, you learn from my mistakes and accept me as a brother in faith. I also ask you to rebuke me when I am in error.



Let me know what you think.



Jim Brank
Servant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home