
Today while running my route, I met the 1st base/infield coach for the Florida Marlins,
Perry Hill. Apparently he lives in Argyle and has the same affinity for cinnamon rolls at the
Kolache Depot as I do. It was definitely interesting listening about helping coach his team win a world series a few years back (I'm not exactly sure when because I'm still boycotting baseball). The guy is really down to earth and played for the Ranger's back when I used to watch baseball in the old metal stadium in Arlington. He shook my hand and told me to have a nice day. I told him likewise and continued on with my route after I finished off my cinnamon rolls and apple fritters. The End?
7 Comments:
Man, The last couple of weeks you have been rubbing elbows with celebs. That is great.
Love,
Mom
P.S. I went with Sharon and Mike to anInterfaith Thanksgiving Service. It had African American Methodist Episcopal Church, Jewish Faith, Islamic, Baha'i, Hindu, Cambodian Buddists, Catholic, Native American with the Cherokee and Aztec Traditions. It was fasinating to see different beliefs show how they worship. It gives you a different aspect of the cultures.
Tex,
I just linked you on my blog. Thanks for visiting and for the link on yours.
I should have linked you sooner.
Us Conservatives need to stick together.
Have a nice Thanksgiving, and I will say what the Lefties won't...
Have a Merry Christmas too! :0
:)
FAR.
That is very cool that you met Mr. Hill. With the way that the Marlins have been dumping people the past few years, I am suprised taht he still has a job!
So why the boycott on baseball. Still back from 1994 strike?
Password - nhvejp
Glad i found your blog. Being a Christian conservative it is nice to see it more often in the blogosphere.
Feel free to visit mine.
Tex,
You live in Denton? Wow, My husband used to live there. He went to Denton Bible Church. (Tommy Nelson) as pastor.
My stepdaughter is going to Texas A&M, and her mom lives in Denton.
I am from Kansas/Missouri, but I absolutely LOVE TEXAS..
Wow! so cool. I know that Jim really respects your husband. We visited Denton Bible before finding our homechurch.
-Tex's wife
oh I misunderstood that one, thought you meant your hubby was TOmmy Nelson as Pastor. Opps
Post a Comment
<< Home