I've hit a curious moment today. Part of it is intellectual and part is an explanation of the cool stuff that happened today at church. I shall begin with the latter and then proceed to the former.
About a week ago, Robert got an impression from God that he should wash the feet of Zack similar to what is recorded in John 13. He ran the idea through Pastor Chuck. Chuck took council on this through prayer and came to the conclusion it would occur during boths services today. Robert asked me to read the scripture and I obliged.
It's really amazing to see God work and interact in our lives. It great to see how he transforms us in his word and in our obedience to him. The idea of washing someone's feet involves the act of humbling one person to the lowest level. Jesus washed the feet of his disciples, an act by which the King of Kings should never have done. Yet, we have scripture showing the contrary. It really shows the depths of our humanity and how Christ can really relate to us.
On to my intellectual side. During 2nd service, it seemed like God said to me, "Who baptized my disciples?" I think this occured because of the washing of feet during the service. I figured that any mention of who baptized the disciples would be in the gospels or the book of Acts. To my dismay, I seem unable to find it anywhere, and certainly doubt record of the disciple's baptism was even recorded. The only baptism I seem to find is the baptism of fire (Holy Spirit) mentioned in Acts.
I find it odd that neither Jesus nor John the Baptist baptized any of the disciples. I find it intriguing that it's not mentioned in the bible. It almost seems that the baptism of the Holy Spirit the only baptism of consequence. Is that true? Is it right? The closest inkling of baptism by immersion comes from John 3:22 but because it does not explicitly say so, I find no reason to believe the 12 disciples were baptized. I do believe 11 (Judas hanged himself) of the 12 disciples received the baptism of fire, but fail to know with any certainty if any were baptized with water.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home