I wonder what correlation exists between Babylon in the book of Daniel and the book of Revelation. Specifically I'm interested in the wrath that ensues against the harlot (babylon) and if it related to the abominous things that Belshazzar (Daniel 5) did in his court. Did the use of the goblets robbed from the temple in Jerusalem incite God to pour out his wrath in the last days along with bringing a swift end to the babylonian empire? God remembered Babylon the Great and gave her the cup filled with the wine of the fury of his wrath (Revelation 16:19b). I mean if they take the goblets of God shouldn't they also take the wine of the fury of wrath? Whatever happens to babylon it seems that the fall of babylon is necessitated but the judgment is yet to be played in full force since though the empire fell the sins of the nation have not.
If Belshazzar had not "angered" God to the extent of bringing about the full fury of wrath, would Babylon not be mentioned in Revelation?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home