Friday, June 24, 2005

It's never as Good as I've Rehearsed in my Mind.


I had an interesting conversation with my pastor the other day about the 10 commandments. It seems that of all the commandments, the one not brought foward in this era of grace is the one concerning the sabbath (4th commandment). Yet in all my readings of the bible I cannot find one shred of evidence the sabbath or the Law (10 commandments) have ever been done away with. I don't share this belief or else I wouldn't be writing about it.

I've been reading, The Institutes of Biblical Law by Rousas John Rushdoony and have to agree with what's written in there. The Sabbath is a law of freedom. Much like the Israelites were freed from the bondages of slavery (400+ years), we are free from sin. The Sabbath reminds us of the freedom from the oppression we were once subjected to. Renouncing the Sabbath binds us to our oppresion that Christ died on the cross for. Without the Sabbath and without the rest we are still under the heavy yolks of an oppresive and cruel master that will kill us (death, both physical and spiritual).

The law of the Sabbath has brought us liberation and without it we bring about a curse. Under the curse we choose to kill ourselves physically, mentally, and spiritually. I for one, choose to renew the covenant I made with the Living God and to renew my minds in the workings of Christ and to obey the Laws that bless my household and me physically, mentally, and spiritually. The law protects us and the same holds true for the Sabbath. It is for our own good we obey the Laws God set before us. To do otherwise would be folley.

Jim Brank
A servant of the God Most High

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home