Friday, April 29, 2005

I Hate McAfee Personal Firewall Plus!!!!

I spent most of the last two days troubleshooting a network and it turned out to be something really stupid. I was trying to figure out why a computer that was accessing the net through a gateway did not allow secure connections to this computer. I didn't think it was the wireless network, but attempted to try and fix it from the client computer. After many failed attempts I finally worked on the gateway computer. I started by removing the viruses and spyware. After that didn't seem to fix the problem, I found out what was causing this problem.

McAfee firewall was not unistalled properly and had closed down the ports secure connections usually use. Therefore unsecure sites were easy to access but secure ones would be denied. I had to find all the files on the harddrive and registry to get it to work. It was frustrating but God used this experience to bless us. Don't buy McAfee

Jim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home