I originally saw this posted on Conservative Angst and hopefully they'll give me permission to keep it up.
FOX News Holiday Hypocrisy
All Credit goes to Right on the RightCross-posted from Stop The ACLU
UPDATE: Since other blogs are getting on-board, I will make an official announcement Saturday Night at 7:30 EST calling for a boycott if FOX News doesn't change this. We specifically want the words "Holiday Ornament" and "Holiday Tree" changed in the description to "Christmas Ornament" and "Christmas Tree".
I am hereby announcing my intent to launch a massive e-mail campaign against FOX News. The only reason I'm not calling for a boycott of their network immediately is because I already don't watch the other networks, and I do need some news to watch on TV.
This is coming from Media Matters, which claims Daily KOS broke the story, but they didn't. It was mentioned this morning on FOX News itself. They reported that FOX News is selling "Holiday Ornaments for your Holiday Tree" on their online store. Since I am not a hypocrite, I don't find this acceptable.

Because of this, and I'm calling for other blogs covering the War on Christmas to join me, I'm starting an e-mail campaign towards FOX, and unless things change, I will call for a boycott of their network Saturday Night. While I understand I don't have the necessary readership or support to influence such a campaign, I am hoping other conservatives pick up on this. We cannot abandon our principles just because FOX is the only non-liberal Cable News Station.
We've Drafted This Sample E-Mail:
Fox News Employee,
I have recently enjoyed watching John Gibson and Bill O'Reilly's coverage on the Assault on Christmas. They have provided America with a view that many have not yet seen, and one that I personally share. I believe there is a War on Christmas, and I believe we can win it if the public is educated and companies do what they can to keep Christmas where it belongs. That being said, it was recently brought to my attention by several websites that the FOX News store has several ornaments for sale. I was however saddened to see that your company has fell into the trap of political correctness and referred to them as "Holiday Ornaments" and in one description, said they could be added to our "Holiday Tree". Obviously ornaments and the tree are clear symbols of Christmas. I think that FOX News should honor the reporting that Gibson and O'Reilly have put out by changing these immediately to "Christmas Ornaments" and "Christmas Tree". If this isn't done within a reasonable amount of time (some sites are calling for the evening of December 3rd), I intend to stop viewing your station. Please show that you care for Americans who choose to celebrate Christmas by keeping Christmas where it belongs.
FOX News Channel E-Mail Addresses
Viewer Services- Viewerservices@foxnews.com
FOX News Channel Comments- Comments@foxnews.com
FOXNews.com Comments (website)- Foxnewsonline@foxnews.com
Bill O'Reilly- OReilly@foxnews.com
FOX and Friends- friends@foxnews.com
John Gibson- myword@foxnews.com
I urge other conservatives to join with this cause, for two reasons. First off, to actually win the War on Christmas, and secondly, to show the other side that we stand by our principles.
Note: While I don't believe Gibson and O'Reilly are hypocrites, I DO believe they need to do everything in their power to fix this.
Also, coverage at:
Conservative Thinking
My Pet Jawa


5 Comments:
Interesting. Reminds me of that conversation I had with you about how TV commercials saying "Happy Holidays" gets my goat. If Santa is in the background, and the ole' traditional red and green...why don't they go ahead and say Merry Christmas? Who are they gonna offend?
Or, when people's signs in their yards or on the sides of Car dealerships that say "Happy Holidays"....If the house owner is Christian, they shouldn't hide behind political correctness. Be proud of your faith people! Your neighbors probably already know (they should) that you're a Christian. Why tone it down now?
A sign saying "Merry Christmas" is a December version of having a Jesus Fish on your business card. It can be good for business!
I'm just tired of all the political correct junk.
-Tex's Wife
You realize the christmas tree and santa were imported to the US by the Germans in the 1800's ... Neither has anything to do with the religious stuff you're talking about.
Christmas is a completely pagan holiday that has been subsumed by christianity... The holiday wasn't even celebrated in this country until the mid 19th century.
Bottom line, have fun with the holiday -- but quit bashing the rest of us that don't buy into the fables perpetuated by the various christian churches.
"The most central and recognizable symbol of Christmas today is the Christmas tree — and it has nothing to do with Christianity, Christ, or Jesus. It’s a purely pagan symbol taken from ancient German mid-winter festivals.
"The practice of cutting down trees and taking them home to decorate them with gold and silver is even condemned by God in the book of Jeremiah.
I honestly think more christians need to read the bible: all the way thru...
I disagree with the comment about Christmas being "completely pagan". ~The truth behind Christmas is not pagan~
But, I'm aware that some of the adopted Holiday traditions come from Pagan origins.
I don't think I 'bashed' anyone. I haven't been mean-spirited.
I was urging people to be proud of
their faith. My analogies might be flawed, but not my point- I'm not gonna put a 'happy Christmahanukwanzika' sign in my window, when all I celebrate is Christmas.
I get put off by the politically correct stuff. If your Christian, be Christian. Whatever your choice is, celebrate that. '
-Tex's Wife
I agree... if you are Christian, you shouldn't have to apologize for it... As a christian you should be free to express yourself as you like!!
But by the same token, if you own a business and want to cater to Christians and Non-christians alike, it's probably a little smarter to put a sign in your store that says happy holidays. That is the business owner's perogative...
What I think is silly is when people boycott a store because that store wants to recognize that America isn't composed of 100% christians.... there are many of us that have other beliefs and its nice to see some stores recognize that.
Post a Comment
<< Home