Monday, November 28, 2005

This post is a bunch of tangents that may go somewhere or nowhere all at the same time. After listening to yesterday's sermon at church, I began to wonder when Jesus' birth occurred. In Luke (1:26), it says Mary became pregnant in the 6th month. Now, I'm not too familiar with the Jewish Calendar but I do have a Hebrew Calendar in my bible! Hooray!!! Counting back 3 or forward 9, His birth would fall sometime during the Festival of Weeks or Pentecost (Wheat Harvest). In our calendar this is late May to Early June.

It seems to me wheat has a profound significance in the workings of God. Of course, now I'm having troube finding the verses. Jesus often talked about reaping 30, 60 and even 100-fold. However, unless the seed dies, there can be no harvest in the future. I wonder if Jesus was foreshadowing his own death when He said this. Unless Jesus died there would be no harvest at Pentecost, of 3000 converts in one day. Even though no one knows the day or hour, I wonder if the return of Jesus will coincide with the wheat harvest or Pentecost again. I've forgotten most of my original thought while writing this so forgive me. I'll refine it late, especially if there are some comments.


Tex

2 Comments:

At November 28, 2005 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Deep
Mom

 
At November 28, 2005 3:59 PM, Blogger Craig Schwarze said...

I'd always thought the "sixth month" meant the 6th month of Elizabeths pregnancy.

But you may be right...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home