I still don't know the results of Melissa's CT scan but they'll probably be ready in the morning. She's been allowed food to be pumped into her stomach and it's just basically fats and other vital nutrients the body needs. They're pumping it in at a relatively slow pace so that she doesn't become nauseated and so that we won't heave or throw up. Her skin color is starting to look more normal and healthier compared to yesterday and today's purple color possibly from not producing enough body heat. I didn't check to see whether or not her fever had broken yet. Her demeanor is also better and she looks forward to being around the children again. She's sleeping now, so I'm writing this and about to head home.
If anyone wants to see her, be forewarned. Because of certain relatives and their destructive behaviors, don't expect to see her without a chaperone or talk to her on the phone. I hate to have to do this with so many people praying for her and helping me out, but this has become an absolute necessity. I feel that certain people will make Melissa feel worse if they are allowed to visit her. I'm only doing this because I love her and want her to recover as quickly and painlessly as possible and it pierces my heart to see her like this or to even think about it. If you want to see Melissa, I have to be present. I'm sorry, but that's the way it is.
I'll let you know more as soon as things develop. It looks good and she may be well enough to have her surgery tomorrow.
Jim


2 Comments:
You're a very good husband, Jimmy. I admire the way you're protecting Melissa's mental wellbeing.
Let me know when the surgery is scheduled. I would like to be at the hospital with you, or if Hope wants to be with you, I could take care of the kids.
As for visiting Melissa, we'll wait until after her surgery and she's feeling much better. Tell her we love her and are thinking about her.
Linda
Jim sounds confused, the tube wasn't pumping food into my stomach (I was still being fed by IVs only then)...the tube was pulling bile out of my stomach through my nose using suction.
-Liss
Post a Comment
<< Home