Friday, September 02, 2005

God is definately at work

I'm not sure really what is going on but I've had some definite impressions as to things I should do in the next few days. On the way home from class, I had an impression from God how I should go home. It's unusual because the majority of the trip is a way I normally don't go home. I don't usually go home through flower mound and I certainly don't take FM2499 to FM407. I normally turn off on FM1171 and head towards the church. I even thought I was supposed to head towards the church but kept getting an overwhelming, "NO!" To make things even weirder, I was to take none of the normal routes through denton, no I35, no loop 288, no Ft Worth drive, none of it. I was supposed to take Bonnie Brae and so I did.

I'm not sure why I'm supposed to do all this, but also on the way back I had only a quarter tank of gas. I still have gas in my tank, but very little, and I'm not supposed to buy gas late in the coming week, Wednesday or Thursday. I don't know what to make of all this but it is very weird. All I know is it is one of God's provisions. So that being said, we will not be visiting anyone this week and we will not be traveling at all. We have enough food and all the basic necessities. I don't know what's up but I'm going to trust God on this one and do it.

2 Comments:

At September 03, 2005 11:53 AM, Blogger Liss said...

I think you meant to write "I'm not supposed to buy gas [until] late in the coming week, Wednesday or Thursday"

Like he said, we are stocked up on Food and such. With Labor Day, Jimmy doesn't have class until Wednesday...so he doesn't have anywhere he needs to drive until then. Spending a few days at home with his Mrs wont hurt him (and maybe some more laundry will get done *wink*).

 
At September 03, 2005 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a similar experience when The Passion of the Christ came out. Jim and I went to see it, but I kept getting an overwhelming feeling that I was supposed to see it again, but by myself. I thought, that's cool, I wanted to see it again. A few days later, on the way to the theater, I got an overwhelming feeling that I had to buy two extra tickets. I was thinking about it and thought, well I have enough money with me to pay for 4 other people to see the movie. Wouldn't that be better? As soon as that thought came to mind I heard (inside my head) "No, only 2." So when I got to the window I explained to the cashier what I needed and gave her a note so she didn't misunderstand. Then for some reason, out of the blue and before she rang up the tickets, I said "They need to be for the next show. Not this one." She explained that she had to put the money and note aside until tickets for the next show went on sale and asked if I was sure that's what I wanted to do. I said it was and she gave me an odd look and gave me change for the two tickets. That took a lot of trust on my part to leave the cash with her and leave it up to her to choose which two people received the tickets! All I knew at the time was that I couldn't be in the same theater with the two people I paid for.

Talk about faith! I have no idea if the cashier did as I requested, but it doesn't matter. That nagging feeling, which is how I know it's God instructing me, will not go away until I do as I'm told.

It sounds weird, I know. But it's the truth and that's not the only instance I've experienced.

I sat through the movie waiting for a "sign" that I missed the first time but when it was over...nothing. That's when I had the distinct feeling that I could have paid for the two other people and gone back home without seeing the movie again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home