Friday, July 11, 2003

The written word is a witness that testifies about character, morality and the way things just are. Like the tongue, the written word needs to be tamed, but even more so. The words of the tongue are swept like the wind and often times forgotten and distorted after a period of time. The words of paper exist for great lengths of time and are capable of doing a great deal of damage. They even have the power to testify against you. In relation to John 1, with the word being with God and being God, we see the ability to testify of such things. We are the 1st witness, being our selves. However, the words that come out of the flesh are always being corrupted and defiled. On the other hand, the words of paper do not change. From them we see how we thought at that time and how we acted. In essence, we see a form of intellectual evolution or devolution as the case may be.

I look back at my words over the years and wonder what has been going on in my mind to cause me to write such a thing. Things that seemed to have made clear sense to me have become muddled and other things that were dirty have become clean. I don't know why I write except maybe to relieve myself of my fears and insecurities. In my words I find solace and refuge when my emotions consume me. But in the written word I find hope of a glorious salvation that is yet to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home