I've been reading about the Maker's Diet lately, and I'm convinced that I need to be following the biblical principles outlined in the book. I've decided that while money is one of the single most factors inhibiting my complete following of the book, there are some simple things I can do to live a healthier life.
One of the things I plan to do is to eliminate all pork and pork products from my diet. This should be a really hard task considering my love for pepperoni and bacon. Still, I have made up my mind and plan to follow through with it. I also plan to take Cod Liver oil supplements as well so that my immune system will improve. I know I have a fairly good immune system now, but from what the book implies, you can never have too good of an immune system.
One of the other things I plan to do is eat leaner meats and try to eat more organically grown foods. After what Robert Perkins from Ben's Legacy has told me and from what has been confirmed in Dr. Rubin's book, "The Maker's Diet," I do not want these added hormones and antibodies in my wife, my children, or myself.
Since God has impressed it on my heart to eat a healthier lifestyle, especially one that has been around since the time of the Israelites, I find it appropriate that as one of God's children, we should do the same. I hope to have renewed energy and vitality and I want to shake this lethargy that seems to plague my body. I hope things go well for that.
I don't know if it's God's will or just thinking about things, but I think I'd like to start a health food store. Robert has been trying to get me to sell his meat for a while now, and many times I've graciously refused. I think I'm starting to see it as God's will that I help him. I want to discuss it more with Robert, but I'd like to offer more than just meat in the package from what he is selling. I'd also like to add organic milks, vegetables, and supplemements.
Robert has always been a man to think about the future, especially where prophecy is concerned, and thinking of ways to prepare for it. One of these ideas is christians trading with christians. The concept is simple, God fearing bible based christians trade with one another, essentially creating their own market, outside of the normal market so that their needs can be met. I like the idea.
It also makes me think about preparing for the future. I've been thinking a lot about canning my own fruits and vegetables. Perhaps with the Ben's Legacy stuff, I could put some of that into action as well turning it into a side business for Melissa and me. Perhaps it will be a way for us to fund our trip to Hawaii (melissa) and Israel (me).
I think I've said enough for now and I really should get some rest. Talk to you later and pray for robert. If you are interested in leaner meat without hormones or antibodies, write me a line. I'll send you a list and perhaps even send you a sample. After all, we deserve better health and God has shown us how to acheiver that here on earth as well as spiritually.
Remember to pray with authority, God Bless and Maranatha.
Jim Brank
Servant
aka Tex


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home