Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I found this counter that tells you how much the war in iraq has cost. Right now it's $250 billion. People think this war is expensive, WWII was much more so. From an article I found dated back to 1991 the American costs of was in excess of $350 billion (in 1991 money). Assuming a 1% inflation rate for those 15 years puts the number at roughly $400 billion. In all honesty, we've come out pretty cheap so far.

6 Comments:

At December 13, 2005 1:19 PM, Blogger RR said...

And a bridge in Alaska is gonna cost the taxpayers $200 Million...

My point? -- What the hell does the cost of WWII have to do with the cost of this war?

They were fought for completely different reasons. The cost of the Iraqi campaign has about as much to do with WWII as does the cost of the bridge in AK.

You're likely a Fox News viewer who also buys into analogies like: the 2000+ troops who have died in Iraq are less than the number of people killed on the highways each month... Of course, this is another completely bogus comparison: one has nothing to do with the other.

 
At December 13, 2005 2:40 PM, Blogger Liss said...

I've heard Tex make fun of Fox news. LOL

-his wife

 
At December 13, 2005 8:39 PM, Blogger RR said...

Yeah... Fox News == Faux News

Once in a while they actually report news: but most of the time they just wave the flag and bash liberals.

:)

 
At December 13, 2005 9:22 PM, Blogger Stitch180 said...

In your opinion. :)

 
At December 14, 2005 12:47 AM, Blogger Tex said...

Much like the comparisons for AIDS, teachers, hunger, and immunizations. They completely ignore administrative and logistic costs. And since you really want an apples to apples comparison, we could compare the occupation to Japan, S. Korea, or Afghanistan.

If you want real news, check the Jerusalem Post. They always post 1st and best, even better than the BBC, IMO. Air America Radio, if it still exists, can't seem to get off of Saudi Oil.

Losing 2000+ troops while occupying a city of 8 million in Legoland city is really quite good, not that it brings any of those brave souls back to life.

Oh, and that bridge in Alaska will bring new vitality to the airport and run a ferry business out of business.

 
At December 18, 2005 12:57 AM, Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Tex, I just jumped over from Revkastake.
We are pretty like minded on most stuff. I am going to blogroll you. Mostly because you are a Texan. And you like good music. You will notice that I am a member of a TexasBlog webring. You should be too. Also I encourage you to check out TexasFred.

I look forward to reading here in the future. And by all means Enjoy my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home