Monday, July 10, 2006

The 7 habits

I have to read "The 7 habits of Highly Effective People" for my Career Development class and I must say it is bit of a disappointment.  Apart from being a non-secular book written for a post-modern audience, it is a direct rip-off of my "The Institutes of Biblical Law" book.  Though the audiences are different, 7 habits takes information from Rushdoony's book and translates them into what a "quick-fix" society wants to hear.  Whether you believe it or not, the 7 habits all exist in the book of the Law (torah) and are reiterated in Rushdoony's work.  Covey makes no acknowledgments to either book, though it is blatant plagarism in my eyes.  Anyways, that is how I feel after reading the 1st part.


powered by performancing firefox

6 Comments:

At July 10, 2006 8:51 AM, Blogger bigwhitehat said...

They should have named it common sense for management.

 
At July 10, 2006 10:46 AM, Blogger Tex said...

I'm thinking, "hey look I'm plagarizing the bible"

 
At July 12, 2006 9:52 PM, Blogger Neo-Con Tastic said...

Well, you must admit, they probably did knock off the Bible but I'd think of it as a compliment. You'll never get them to admit to footnoting Scripture but at least we know the truth.

Mind you, I can equate many books, teachings, and laws soley based on Natural Law, deriving only from God.

 
At July 12, 2006 9:53 PM, Blogger Neo-Con Tastic said...

BTW, I'd like to know more about how your wife could help me with my blog, just stop by and leave me that link.

 
At July 13, 2006 12:33 PM, Blogger Liss said...

I could draw/paint up an original design for ya Neo-con. But my suggestion since this is FOR the internet (as opposed to like a storefront window), is for you to give our cousin Lisa a shot. On her website she sells simple personalized web banners for $2. I don't know how she would charge to design one from scratch, but that is another option for ya.
Lisa's website with the webbanners: http://www.etsy.com/view_item.php?listing_id=182426

If you still are interested in my work:
http://www.myspace.com/lissdecker

 
At August 02, 2006 12:49 AM, Blogger Neo-Con Tastic said...

Hey Liss, I'm sorry for the delay but I just got to see your work. You've got some great drawings and I could definitely get some ideas from you but I'm more worried about the 'file type' and how its displayed.

Let me dig a little deeper into your MySpace and let me see what Lisa's got as well. Thanks for your help and I'll get back to you soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home