thinking
I went to Robert's church today and listened to the pastor speak on John 2 in which he titled, "Just Do It," much like the Nike ads. While it was pretty much the same postmodern stuff I hear just about everywhere, I did draw out something from this passage. The passage talks about Jesus' first miracle, the turning of water into wine and verse 10 struck me, "Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine
after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the
best till now." Thinking about this passage and the ministry of Jesus, we can see this verse alludes the miracles he's about to perform. Instead of producing the best miracles at the beginning of his ministry, his best miracles (resurrection for all) are to come at the end of his ministry. Conversely, I also think the anti-christ will perform his best tricks up front and then they'll taper off as worse and worse, yet more people will be so enamored with his initial miracle, they'll still revere him after his lessor miracles. Just food for thought.
powered by performancing firefox
powered by performancing firefox


1 Comments:
Very good analogy, I actually used that this weekend.
Copyright Infringement!
Post a Comment
<< Home