Tuesday, February 03, 2004

I find it hard to make any rational discernment between what's going on between my wife and her friend Anna. I see things going on but am not sure how to proceed on the things to come. I only want the best for all the parties in what is going on and I'm doubtful that can be accomplished. From reading my wife's blog and her friends blog, I feel I must interject. Of course, it comes down to who will read my blog, and the answer is probably, "No one." Still, the following are my thoughts on the situation.

1). Only Anna can decide what is best for her. You know what you want, what you need, and how you should get it. You know what advice is from God, what is carnal and what makes no sense whatsoever. The power of discernment should be on the hearts of all of God's children. It's true we all make decisions that are not in our best interest. Is this one of those instances? Beats me, it's not for Melissa, David or me to decide. That's for you to decide, Anna. There is a wealth of support and knowledge all around you to make an informed decision. I pray that you consider all available options before attempting something that may be considered rash or in poor judgment.

2). Contempt between the two of you will destroy your friendship. The scriptures say not to let the sun set on your anger. I hope and pray you two do not let this ruin a perfectly good friendship. Whatever you two decide to do, I hope you do it in person and both of you should pray over each other, not for an agenda of what you think is best but that God will guide your decisions, your hearts, and minds to live a Godly life. Pray that God will bless you and prosper you. Pray that he will give you two a hope and a future.

3). Everyone is a hypocrite. There is no escaping this. We all exhibit many different personality traits, flaws and coverups. It's called human nature. Just because we have commented on one facet of David's personality does not mean the rest of him is that way. It's only a small part. David's character is what makes him David. Anna's character is what makes her Anna. Melissa's character is what makes her Melissa. Are we always proud of our character? No. I'm not always proud of what I have done or said or become at times. I see the impurities in my life and wonder how anyone could love a horrible son of a bitch I've been at times. Still, God sees the wonderful gold and silver and our lives and slowly but surely purifies our soul and character. God will do the same in your lives as well. Be patient and don't worry about the hypocrisy too much.

4). You are not a disappointment. We just worry about you sometimes. We want the best for you. True we aren't in control of your lives (see #1), but we don't want to see you fall or stumble. Of course, I have stumbled and fallen several times. We see patterns and feel that revealing things to you will help you to avoid the pitfalls that could ultimately steer you away from your dreams. You are a child of God and are nothing less than a wonderful miracle transforming right before our eyes.

Knowing how things are, I've probably made things worse trying to add my two bits into everything but I feel it is necessary to say something before total annihilation occurs. I hope that through reading of the scriptures (something I've failed to do for the last 18+ months) and prayer, the two of you can become closer friends to each other. God Bless and Maranatha.


Jim Brank
aka Tex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home