Monday, January 02, 2006

I learned some new things for the new year, as follows:

1. The Tanakh (Old Testament) is composed of the Torah (law), Nevi'im (prophets), and Kethuvim (writings). I knew of the english words but didn't know the jewish words apart from tanakh and torah.

2. Commercial beef is nasty. I work at a steakhouse, and in the last two weeks we've found two tumors in the beef. I forget were we found the first one, but the latter one was in the round and we usually use it to make sirloins and ground beef. Not to be too graphic, but I plan to post pictures at a later date. Also, the cow was less than two years old and already had an abnormal growth. I think whether it was benign or malignent is irrelevant. I still wouldn't want to eat it. I have a friend I get hormone-free, antibiotic-free, grassfed beef from. I'm also looking into buffalo meat.

3. Allan turns 1 on Thursday. It's kind of hard to believe we've had him for a whole year. I love my kids and hope the world can see that in their eyes.

I need to start reading the bible more. I got a Jewish Study Bible for Christmas from my grandmother. (Actually she gave me money and I bought a book with it.) I used my usual method, walk the store until a book pops out at me. It usually happens in the theology or prophecy section, but this time it was in the bible section. Who knew?

I think that's all. I should post more, but it's really hard to do after work sometimes. TTFN

3 Comments:

At January 02, 2006 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, I would like to read that book after you are done. I would like to know more about the Jewish Faith, also.

I alson can't believe Allan is a year old. We will be there to celebrate it, but not on his exact date.
love
MOM

 
At January 03, 2006 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The title of Jimmy's new Bible is "The Jewish Study Bible featuring the Jewish Publication Society Tanakh Translation Torah, Nevi'im & Kethuvim". The kids were sure hard on his Prophesy Bible, so I'm glad that he got a new one.
I don't know when Jimmy would be 'done' reading his new bible...(LOL)he never was done reading the last one; reading it over and over for better understanding. You know Jim. *smile*
I'm making a fire engine cake for Allan's birthday. I'll take pictures and post them when my blog is fixed. -Liss

 
At January 04, 2006 11:12 AM, Blogger bigwhitehat said...

I personally like thick pages, big text, and wide margins. The stuff in study bibles is ok but I like the room to take notes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home