Sunday, February 15, 2004

A day full of miracles and Blessings

That's about the best way to describe the day of snow and what not yesterday. Shortly after 2am it started snowing. When I got off work at 5am it had accumulated to around 2 inches on the road and was iced over fairly well. Being the dumbass I am, I headed home. 15 minutes later, I made it 3 miles and up and over one hill. The next hill I wasn't so lucky. I made it up halfway down the hill and started sliding downwards. My back wheels went off the road and then I knew there wasn't much I could do afterwards. I backed the truck into the ditch so other cars could pass and proceeded to walk to Kroger.

As I was walking, I prayed that God would take care of me. About 600 yds into the walk, a man running route for the Dallas Morning News gave me a ride back to Kroger. I ran into the man who runs route for Mrs Bairds bread. I asked him if I ran route with him if I could get a ride back to denton. He said yes and I helped him with his route. He then gave me his cell to call my wife about the situation. I told her what was going on and I should be home around 2 or 3pm. I helped him with his route as the snow began to melt and finished all of the route around noon. Then he brought me to Denton with a whole bunch of food. When I got to Denton, I called work and said that I wouldn't be in because of my truck being stuck in flower mound and me being 30 miles from it. I'm sure glad I didn't have to walk it!!!! The route driver even paid me for my help and it's almost the same as a full day's pay at kroger.

A friend from church saw my truck on the side of the road and worried for my safety called the house. I was home by then and told him the situation. He offered to drive Melissa, Elaine and me to church the next day. We got to church and then proceeded to solcit for jumper cables. After getting the cables we went back to my truck. Another miracle was to happen. My truck wasn't in grass or mud as I previously thought, which would make it that much harder to get out. It was actually on top of gravel asphalt. Praise God. We got the jump and headed back to church. All in all I only missed the first 15 minutes of worship. All I can say is that for some reason God looks out for Melissa and me and all the glory should go to him. I don't know why He blesses us so, but I couldn't go through life without all that he has done for us.


God Bless and Maranatha


Jim Brank
Servant
aka Tex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home